Monday, January 18, 2010

A Random Combination

I know the last time I had some mouth watering fudge I thought, "you know what would go with this? Some Camembert cheese!" Oh wait, that wasn't me, that was Nestle. I found this in a Lawson's in Aso and was so confused by the random pairing of Camembert and Fudge that I wasn't even sure that I was reading it right.



"Do you think this is cheese flavored Kit Kats or Kit Kat shaped cheese?" I asked my friend.

Turns out it was Fudge Kit Kats and Kit Kat shaped blobs of dehydrated cheese flavored sticks claiming to be Camembert. It might say "The Excellent" on the package but that would be false advertising. I'm not saying that cheese and chocolate can't go together (hello chocolate cheesecake!) but Japan has this weird thing about putting the wrong kinds of cheese with chocolate like the cheddar cheese chocolate I tried at 100% Chocolate Cafe in Tokyo.



It was, however, a good excuse to have some more Fudge Kit Kats. I just wish I could have had more of the chocolate and less of the fake cheese.

4 comments:

  1. This is weird stuff! It's too bad that they didn't include a new type of KitKat with the cheese. I kind of like fake cheese, but not all fake cheese. Still, I bet you pay more for the inclusion of something you don't want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now I'm glad I didn't get the Cheese kind when I was at the 100% Chocolate Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orchid64-this was not the good fake cheese. :-( I need to stop buying everything that has Kit Kat written on it.

    ebidebby-Yeah it was gross. Sounded good but definitely wasn't.

    Thanks for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete