Sunday, July 11, 2010

Aloe Vera Yogurt Kit Kat

Until I came to Japan the only thing I knew about aloe vera was that it's good for sunburns but apparently you can eat it. They put it in yogurt here in Japan, sometimes by itself and sometimes chunks of aloe mixed in with your regular fruit yogurt. I've always shied away from eating it because, well, the idea of eating something I previously only thought of as a topical medicine didn't sound appealing. It still didn't sound appealing even after I saw the latest Kit Kat mini - the Aloe Vera Yogurt Kit Kat. They sat in my kitchen while I ate every other Kit Kat and snack I had while I worked up the courage to try it.



The Aloe Vera Kit Kat comes in a bag of 12 minis. Each is 69 calories. They are tinted a greenish color and smell like a bad sunburn. I didn't get a good sense of any yogurt, which is too bad. Mostly it had a very sweet white chocolate flavor with a hint of something else. Since I don't eat aloe vera often I'm assuming that's what it was. It had a sharpness to it and tasted slightly medicinal although that could be my preconceptions of aloe vera getting in the way. It wasn't bad but it wasn't something I want to try again, especially since the aloe vera hung in my mouth long after I finished the bar.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone unless you are accustomed to and like eating aloe vera or you are feeling adventurous.

Final Score: 4

16 comments:

  1. Well that's disappointing. I thought this one would be a winner as I love the aloe drinks :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloe Vera Kit Kat??? I haven't tried it - but saving Aloe Vera for sunburn does sound a lot more sensible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I kind of like this. Then again, I love things with a floral taste. If this was covered in milk chocolate, it would have been awful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to be afraid of the edible aloe vera products, but I enjoyed the taste of the aloe vera drink that had pieces floating about in it.

    The texture of the pieces of aloe vera is like skinned grapes, and the juice is very similar to grape juice with floral notes.

    What's missing from the drink is the medicinal smell because I think it's snubbed out by a different smell..probably the other % of fruit juice in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am still trying to find an aloe vera kit kat bar. They don't seem to be anywhere in my Arizona area.

    - David

    Aloe Vera Juice Benefits
    Holistic Nutrition and Health

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yape!!!!! i am also trying kit kat ,really nice choco.i am also using aloevera as a skin and face.it's a really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My name is Nitin from Toronto. I am interested in your writing. Some of your posting are good, I can say, best. Can you please tell me how to subscribe to your blog post online?

    ReplyDelete
  9. My name is Nitin from Toronto. I am interested in your writing. Some of your posting are good, I can say, best. Can you please tell me how to subscribe to your blog post online?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aloe Vera - you can subscribe by hitting the Follow button or you can add me to your RSS feed by clicking add and putting in the link to this blog.

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting topic for a blog. I have been searching the Internet for fun and came upon your website. Fabulous post. Thanks a ton for sharing your knowledge! It is great to see that some people still put in an effort into managing their websites. I'll be sure to check back again real soon. frozen yogurt simi valley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for Sharing this informative blog over here.
    Aloe vera juice is a gooey, thick liquid made from the flesh of the aloe vera plant leaf. It's commonly known to treat sunburns.
    Improves digestion
    Natural cleanser
    Energizer-promote good metabolism
    Cells regeneration

    ReplyDelete

  13. very interesting blog you should definitely check l ethix soaps that is so much worth.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like this website about KItKat, it's very well done. Thanks for your precious information (in my opinion).

    ReplyDelete